Sunday, March 23, 2014

Cooking and such!

I have been trying a few new recipes (from Pinterest) lately and I thought I would share them with you! Anything quick, easy, and yummy is a winner in my book! And if you don't have the microwave hamburger cooker from Pampered Chef, get it right away! It makes life so much easier and is such a snap when having to brown beef for casseroles, soups, or whatever! Goes from frozen to browned in like 6 minutes!

Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup (just tried this week and it is sooo good!)
http://livinglifeofriley.com/crock-pot-bacon-cheeseburger-soup/

Cheeseburger Pie (this is super easy and I usually have the ingredients on hand!)
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/impossibly-easy-cheeseburger-pie/8c78aa78-c368-40fa-8a88-1654640c7525

Hamburger Veggie Crockpot Soup (I just use a bag of frozen stew veggies along with the canned stuff)
http://jenshappyspot.blogspot.com/2012/10/jens-hamburger-vegetable-crockpot-soup.html

Mississippi Roast (this is mouth watering delicious, I omit the peppers and it's still fab!)
http://foodsweet.com/mississippi-roast/

Leftover Roast Beef Casserole (I make this the night after I make the Mississippi Roast because there is always leftover meat)
http://realmomkitchen.com/128/roast-beef-casserole/

Hope some of these inspire you! Since I got home from Christmas, I have only been going to the grocery store (Wal-mart) once a month. I make a huge list, plan my meals for the whole month and just make one big trip. It has been so much easier and cheaper since I tend to buy things I don't really need when I'm at Wal-mart!! We still have to run to the store in town for milk every now and then, but I can handle Merritt there...Wal-mart with him is NO fun, so only having to go once a month is the way to go!! I also love knowing I have all the stuff I need for meals and am not scrambling for ideas at supper time! I have some new recipes I am planning to try in April so I'll keep you posted!! :)

P.s
I forgot to mention we have been on a sweets kick around here lately (it has got to stop once this baby is born, but my sweet tooth just can not be controlled at this point!!) I have been making cookies, bars, and sweets like I own a bakery!! This is my go to recipe, it is AMAZING and easy!! Monster Cookie Bars! http://domesticatedduchess.blogspot.com/2011/08/monster-cookie-bars.html I follow this recipe,
except I either use peanut butter M&M's with chocolate chips or regular M&M's with peanut butter chips. I have a few fun treats to make for Easter, so I will share those soon too!


and since every post needs a pic...here is my silly boy hiding while I look at the sale papers! Merritt, where are you?!!?
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

My You Tube Videos

Loading...

Check out my Website! Photography in Northwest, Iowa

My photo
Hey! I'm Hayley Mae (the Southern Belle). I'm from Mississippi but now live in Iowa, by way of Montana! I married my best friend (the Farmer) in August 09. I'm a Graphic Designer and Photographer in Northwest Iowa, check out my site (link below). Feel free to follow me on this journey of married life on the Farm!
    follow me on Twitter

    © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP