Friday Night Dinner and a Movie!

Since the Jambalaya, I have been kind of "over" cooking! I just didn't feel like cleaning up any more messes! So besides the night the Farmer took me out to eat, we had leftovers and sandwiches all week!

Last night I decided to get back in the kitchen and whip up some Meatballs and this great broccoli casserole recipe I found on Cooking Light!

Meatballs (The Farmer's Mommas Recipe out of the Moss and Vermeer Family Cookbook- if you don't have one of these, you are seriously missing out!!)

1 lb. of ground beef
1/2 tsp. minced onion
1/2 c minute rice
1 egg
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Mix and shape into balls. Put in baking dish and mix one can tomato soup and 1 can of water and pour over the meat balls. Bake one and a half hours at 350.











Easy Peasy and they turned out super yummy!! I have never really eaten just meatballs like this without spaghetti until I moved here, but they are fabulous!! The Farmer calls these porcupine meatballs since they have rice in them and it sticks out like a porcupine needles...I'm not sure if that is a widely used culinary term or just something he made up!! Either way it's fun and I love this easy dish!


Now on to the Zesty Broccoli Casserole:
Click here for the recipe!
p.s. If you are following my blog and actually cooking anything off the Cooking Light website there are handy dandy printable recipe cards! Just look right above the recipe for the options!

Now after you print the recipe out, be sure and read it carefully....especially when the recipe calls for packages frozen broccoli florets, THAWED!! I missed that part!! Not to worry, you just have to cook it another 20 minutes!!




mix all the topping ingredients





pour it over the THAWED broccoli florets



sprinkle with bread crumbs


The Farmer couldn't wait to dig in...only to realize the broccoli was not done!!! Oppps!!



mmmmm...Done and very tasty!! :)
We rented Good Luck Chuck and Rachel Getting Married. Good Luck Chuck was ok, but kinda boring and dumb!! Rachel getting married was much to artsy for us, although I do love Ann Hathaway, I much prefer her in my all time fave movie The Devil Wears Prada!!!
We are supposed to go to Pumpkinland today but I'm afraid the weather is not going to cooperate!! Keep your fingers crossed!! :)

No comments