Thursday, December 10, 2009

Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix

I totally said I was not gonna make any more holiday sweets (until our candy making day at my Momma and Daddy's, when I'm home for Christmas) but this isn't really a sweet... so it's allowed :)


I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen.com and just couldn't resist! I simply adore a big mug of hot chocolate on a cold night and when it's paired with jammies, fuzzy slippers, a warm blanket, and a comfy couch there is NOTHING better! Well...maybe a Farmer to join me would add the finishing touch! So I whipped up this recipe for just that occasion!


Ingredients
1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 cup Sugar
½ cups Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
½ cups Crushed Candy Canes Or Other Peppermint Candies

Preparation Instructions
Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine. To use, add 1/3 cup mix to 1 cup of hot milk and stir until chocolate and candy pieces dissolve. Store any leftover mix in an airtight container.

What you'll need!

in the bowl



put the peppermints in a plastic baggie


Then get your frustrations out with a meat mallet!!


add the crushed peppermints to the bowl


mix it all together!


Find a container for your mix...I put peppermints and the bottom of mine!

use a funnel or sheet of paper to get the mix in your container


then I put mints on the top as well


what's Christmas without polka dots?!?!


I designed a little label and it's done!


this is the best hot chocolate I have ever had..seriously!!!


want some yet??


How about now...mmmmmm ;)

signature

2 comments:

  1. Hayley - thanks so much for that recipe. I've searched for a good one for a long time! Love the Christmas present idea. I've bought Crate & Barrel's peppermint hot choc for years. You are wonderful and I just can't get over this blog. Always think of you this time of year as we're headed to Billings for Stockgrowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good I am tempted to get up right now and make some!

    ReplyDelete

My You Tube Videos

Loading...

Check out my Website! Photography in Northwest, Iowa

My photo
Hey! I'm Hayley Mae (the Southern Belle). I'm from Mississippi but now live in Iowa, by way of Montana! I married my best friend (the Farmer) in August 09. I'm a Graphic Designer and Photographer in Northwest Iowa, check out my site (link below). Feel free to follow me on this journey of married life on the Farm!
    follow me on Twitter

    © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP