Lemongrass!!!

I'm sooo excited...like pee your pants excited, like winning the lottery excited, like getting a baby pig excited!!! Fiesta is coming out with a new color!! Lemongrass!! I can't believe I am just now finding out!! (This wedding has distracted me from everything!) It is set to debut this Summer!! For those of you who don't know, I am a Fiesta Fanatic!! I have been collecting it since my senior year of high school. My first piece was the amazing Turquoise colander for my 18th birthday from my Momma and Daddy! I was hooked from that point on! Over the years I have received some sort of Fiesta at every holiday/celebration! I suppose my fam and friends thought I would never get married and be able to register for it!! ha!! My favorite is the Shamrock, but I have almost all the colors...Scarlet, Tangerine, Peacock, Sunflower, Evergreen, Cobalt Blue, Plum, Turquoise, along with Yellow, Persimmon, and Rose which are now retired colors! Fiesta also makes a few other colors that I don't really care for, such as black, white, and gray...gross! I prefer the more bright vibrant options. And now they are adding Lemongrass...it seems to look very similar to the original retired Chartreuse...(my BM-Mariah, actually has some of the original pieces, I have contemplated putting some in my suitcase every time I am at her house!) I was always in love with it, but whenever I found any of it at flea markets or an antique store, it was always way too pricey! I am severely clumsy, so expensive, breakable things and me just don't mix!!! Now I can have my Fiesta and afford it too!!! I can't wait to get my hands on that covered casserole dish!! Woohoo, what a grand day!! :)

5 comments

  1. Can I just say, that I love that you have been collecting Fiestaware since your Senior year...

    Also, that I have a set of Yellow and the Cobalt Blue dishes. (I obviously need the colandar now...)

    And this new color is killing me! I have been thinking of putting away my fiestaware dishes (at least for a little while) and getting something lighter like corningware just while my 2 kids are small. I may be changing my mind.

    Thanks for this post. Awesome!
    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Fiesta!! I have a huge collection also and can't wait to bring it out someday when the bf & I get married! Have you been to the factory where they make it in West Virginia? It's sooo cool, it's a little old building on a river. You would never guess that they made all their fabulous dishes there. Deff worth the trip, and the best part is digging through bins of all their 'seconds', you can get dishes for like $5 each because they have a glob of glaze on the bottom or a tiny un-noticeable chip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh wow!! I must plan a trip! There is a place in Canton, TX like that! It has the seconds in the big bins!! http://www.cantondishbarn.com/
    but I would love to see where it is all made!! Maybe its not too late to change the honeymoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Kelly, you must get the colander..it is quite the showpiece!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I've been in love with the color green...these are really cute!

    ReplyDelete