Monday, May 17, 2010

Tulip Festival Fun!

On Saturday, the Farmer and I went to the Tulip Festival with his family. The festival basically celebrates Dutch Heritage with parades, dancing, a carnival, and FOOD!! Yummy food! Well, I guess I should say, yummy smelling food, since I only actually ate popcorn and a snow cone. I feel like those two items were the healthiest options, and I have no explanation why...that's just the way it is :)

The tulips were everywhere and soo gorgeous!! I snapped a few of the prettiest colors!




Asher, our nephew, drove the cars....



Then the Farmer talked him into riding the Super Slide! Again..it was the Farmer's idea!! I have to tell you, I was pretty surprised that the Farmer would even entertain the idea of going on this, not that it is a big scary roller coaster or anything, but I just never thought he was the "going on rides" type of guy....guess you just never really know a person!! hehe! {Cade & August Ann- after this, I have no doubt you could get Uncle Craig to ride anything with you at Six Flags!! He is a closet amusement park fan..I just know it!!!} Adam (the Farmer's brother) and Seth decided to slide too!!
The long way up!!! Pretty sure I would have had a heart attack before I made it to the top!!




Getting ready to go down...





WEEEEeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!




Soo fun :)




buddies :)






Now..something a little more my style, The Carousel! Actually, none of this is really my style! I am NOT a closet amusement park fan! I do not care for them at all!! I prefer my feet on solid ground at all times, thank you very much!! Thank goodness I always have my camera to keep me busy!!






having fun!!





The Farmer confiscated my snow cone :(





Let the parade begin....one of the marching bands!! Love the wooden shoes :)




The Tulip Festival Queen and Court!




Our cousin Meredith (waving) was on the court!




The little dutch boy and the dam!!




We had such a fun day..it helped that it finally warmed up around here!! Hopefully my flowers will come back to life, so I can share some pics with you!! I am also hoping my tomato plants will bounce back from this cold spell as well. They have some sort of spots on the leaves...it could be fatal! stay tuned :)

signature

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for fun-time uncles, especially smart ones that teach you the basic food groups: popcorn & sweets !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I will never forget always getting to have popcorn with UD!!! Thanks for the addiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 別人短處,掩蓋幾分;別人過失,包容幾分。 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete

My You Tube Videos

Loading...

Check out my Website! Photography in Northwest, Iowa

My photo
Hey! I'm Hayley Mae (the Southern Belle). I'm from Mississippi but now live in Iowa, by way of Montana! I married my best friend (the Farmer) in August 09. I'm a Graphic Designer and Photographer in Northwest Iowa, check out my site (link below). Feel free to follow me on this journey of married life on the Farm!
    follow me on Twitter

    © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP