Kids Halloween Book Display!

kids halloween book display
I have been wanting to display the boy's Halloween books, and I finally got this cute shelf done!

Since Merritt was born I have always had a holiday book basket, where I keep holiday specific books, but I wanted them to be displayed better so they could see them all! I looked around for different shelves/ideas and it dawned on me to use the Ikea shelves (spice racks) I have had for years!
Originally I thought I would just use command strips to hang them up on the 
side of our tv stand, but that didn't really hold them up very well.


So I grabbed a piece of plywood and used nails for them to hang on, 
the tv stand was not wide enough for the shelves or I would have just nailed them straight to there.

When we stood it upright, however, the shelves didn't really stay that great either, 
and since it is for the boys, we knew it needed to be sturdy!

So The Farmer came to my rescue and screwed the shelves onto to plywood..

Then screwed the whole board onto the tv stand!

Now it is nice and secure!

I am just LOVING this addition to our living room and 
can't wait to use it for all of our holiday books!!

Now I just have to decide whether or not to paint or stain it?!?!

For now it's perfect and the boys love being able to see their books!

signature

No comments