Sunday, March 6, 2011

Moss Mardi Gras!!

We have not had our friends over for a gathering in FOREVER, so we decided a Mardi Gras Party was a must!! My Momma had brought me a ton of beads and decorations (more pics to come) when she was here in November, so I was just dying to use them!! I have also been wanting to make my Grandma's Pralines for a while, so I decided to take the plunge and make them as well...it took close to 3 hours but they are AMAZING!!! I can remember helping make these when I was a kid, I was the official marshmallow counter!! My Grandma was the cutest little Cajun lady, she was a model when she was younger, and LOVED to take us shopping...well now we know where I get it from, ha! :) I actually have one of her fur coats that was made into a caplet, I hardly ever wear it because I never go anywhere that fancy!! I love to cook her recipes and know how proud she would be that I want to carry on Cajun traditions!

I also made my her Shrimp Jambalaya http://thefarmerandthesouthernbelle.blogspot.com/2009/09/labor-day-dinner.html !! I was going to make her Gumbo http://thefarmerandthesouthernbelle.blogspot.com/2010/03/gumbo-goodness.html but you need to use bowls for it and I had already picked out my Mardi Gras colored Fiesta plates! I made Red Beans and Rice too! We also had salad, french bread, and Cora got super festive and brought Louisiana Crab Dip and Cajun Meatballs...YUMMO!! And Kayla brought a hot wing dip!! sooo good!! We all definitely ate too much!! :)


Yummy Pralines!!



AND my Momma and Daddy sent us a King Cake from Haydel's Bakery in New Orleans http://www.haydelbakery.com/kingcakes/kingcakes_main.asp!! I can not even tell you how delicious this is!! She used to send these to me when I worked in an office, so we could have a Mardi Gras treat!!


I even got to use my Fiesta tray that Lacie gave me!! It is the perfect fit!! LOVE IT!!

The gorgeous girls!! We had such a good time! Don't you love our beads!!??!!

Me and The Farmer!!
As I type, my fam is on St. Charles (my Brother lives in New Orleans) watching the parades!! Hope they catch some beads for me :)
signature

2 comments:

  1. Super fun! Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling for one of those Pralines

    ReplyDelete

My You Tube Videos

Loading...

Check out my Website! Photography in Northwest, Iowa

My photo
Hey! I'm Hayley Mae (the Southern Belle). I'm from Mississippi but now live in Iowa, by way of Montana! I married my best friend (the Farmer) in August 09. I'm a Graphic Designer and Photographer in Northwest Iowa, check out my site (link below). Feel free to follow me on this journey of married life on the Farm!
    follow me on Twitter

    © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP