Monday, July 5, 2010

Chocolate Scotcheroos!

I made these yummy bars to take to Yankton! Here's the recipe :)

1 cup of sugar
1 cup of light corn syrup
1 cup of peanut butter
6 cups of rice krispies
Combine sugar and corn syrup. Cook until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and cereal. Press into a 9x13 pan.

Frosting:
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of butterscotch chips
Melt chips in microwave and spread over rice krispie mixture


















The frosting didn't go on as smooth as I wanted but they still tasted amazing :)


signature

2 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you...for calling them scotcharoos :)

    Where I currently live they call them "special k bars". They've always been scotcharoos to me! Looks nummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley Mae,
    Try them with brown sugar instead of white - they will be even better :)

    ReplyDelete

My You Tube Videos

Loading...

Check out my Website! Photography in Northwest, Iowa

My photo
Hey! I'm Hayley Mae (the Southern Belle). I'm from Mississippi but now live in Iowa, by way of Montana! I married my best friend (the Farmer) in August 09. I'm a Graphic Designer and Photographer in Northwest Iowa, check out my site (link below). Feel free to follow me on this journey of married life on the Farm!
    follow me on Twitter

    © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP