April Fools!!!

I got the Farmer ggggooooooooooooooodddd!!! hehehe!! I called him while he was doing morning chores and frantically told him the basement was flooded!! He started freaking out immediately and of course I started laughing hysterically and said APRIL FOOLS!!! I suppose I should tell yall that we just spent...lets just say ALOT of money fixing our basement so it won't flood anymore...that's what makes it SOO funny!! hehehe!! Maybe it was a bit cruel but it's the only day I'm really allowed to be ;)

In other news, I have developed a new obsession...I mean collection!! :) The Berenstain Bears! I still have a lot to go on my Dr. Seuss books, but when I was at the Wal-Mart this week, I saw this.. It brought back all the fun memories of reading these books as a kid!! We had a fabulous collection and now my niece reads them! I always loved the pictures and they used such nice bright colors (can you tell I'm a graphic designer!?!?). The stories were soo good as well. I'm pretty sure each one taught some sort of a lesson, although I just assumed that they were Bear Country lessons and not for Hayley Mae! ha!

Anyway, I decided not to get the book then, but I kept thinking about it and how I really wanted to start the Berenstain Bears collection. One quick browse on Amazon later and the collection has begun!! :) I got the Baby Easter Bunny book (who is the baby on the cover? I certainly don't remember any other kids besides brother bear and sister bear!!) and also found another Easter one, The Berenstain Bears and the Real Easter Eggs, then since I wanted to get a few that I didn't have when I was younger, I picked up The Berenstain Bears and the Bad Influence, and The Berenstain Bears and the Week at Grandma's.

Then, I just went through and picked a couple ones that I remembered liking...The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Vacation, and The Berenstain Bears No Girls Allowed.

Then, I just HAD to have The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp.... We never had this one at home, but my Grandma (Ma) who had quite the collection too, had it! So whenever we went to visit in Louisiana, this was the first one I read! Such good memories!! :)

There are a hundreds of these books, so it will probably take me two or three weeks to get them all...APRIL FOOLS, Farmer, calm down!! hehehe :)
signature

5 comments

  1. unless your just looking for brand new...Ebay is a great place to find them in Lots. A few years ago we bought a Lot of 20 or so Berenstain Bears Books for a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see Jaylee pics. :) please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...and should I even tell you how many BB books I see in each month's book orders? Their usually less than $5...fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had at least 25 BB books in our collection growing up. Most of them are at our house now and Emily has enjoyed them immensely. Some of the newer ones are a little corny. The baby is Honey Bear. She was born in "The BB learn about the Birds & the Bees" but not given a name. I guess that came later. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All you need now is a little one to read them to !!

    ReplyDelete