Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chicken Hot Dish!!

I thought we could use a break from beef (calm down, it's just for one night), so I whipped up this chicken dish from the Farmer's Family cookbook...recipe by my Mom-in-law...the Farmer says he cant remember her making it, but let's be honest, next time I make it he probably wont remember it either :) It's really hearty and super yummy!!

1 Package of (26 oz) shredded hash browns, thawed
1 package (24 oz) frozen California blend veggies
3 cups of cubed chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of chicken broth
¾ cup of French fried onions

In a greased 9x13 pan, layer hash browns, veggies and chicken. In a bowl, combine soups and broth; pour over the chicken. Cover and bake at 375 for one hour. Uncover; sprinkle with onions, bake 10 more minutes.



































and we had this for dessert!! Fresh strawberries (hello Spring!!) mixed with splenda served with Angel Food Cake!!



signature

5 comments:

  1. Guess who;'s coming to dinner ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's b/c Mom usually uses broccoli/cauliflower/carrots in it :) But that looks good, too!

    ReplyDelete

My You Tube Videos

Loading...

Check out my Website! Photography in Northwest, Iowa

My photo
Hey! I'm Hayley Mae (the Southern Belle). I'm from Mississippi but now live in Iowa, by way of Montana! I married my best friend (the Farmer) in August 09. I'm a Graphic Designer and Photographer in Northwest Iowa, check out my site (link below). Feel free to follow me on this journey of married life on the Farm!
    follow me on Twitter

    © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP