Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Broccoli, Bacon, and Cheddar Salad

I had to bring something to our potluck at work and thought this recipe would be perfect. It’s from the Farmer’s Family Cookbook by his (our) cousin Marissa and it is oh so yummy! It’s fairly healthy too! You use light mayo, so that’s a plus and I’m thinking you could even leave out the bacon and maybe add some nuts if you wanted! Anyway here is the official recipe!

Salad:
3 cups of fresh broccoli florets (That is my favorite cooking term..floret!!)
½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup of raisins
¼ cup of chopped red onion
4 slices of precooked bacon or 1/3 a cup of real bacon pieces

Dressing:
½ cup of fat-free mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. of sugar (you could use splenda!)
2 tsp lemon juice
In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat. I think it gets better the longer it sits in the fridge!! Enjoy :)


This recepie sponsored by Wal-Mart!! hahaha....













signature

3 comments:

My You Tube Videos

Loading...

Check out my Website! Photography in Northwest, Iowa

My photo
Hey! I'm Hayley Mae (the Southern Belle). I'm from Mississippi but now live in Iowa, by way of Montana! I married my best friend (the Farmer) in August 09. I'm a Graphic Designer and Photographer in Northwest Iowa, check out my site (link below). Feel free to follow me on this journey of married life on the Farm!
    follow me on Twitter

    © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP