Valentine Cookies - revisited ;)

Since I decided not to go to the Black Hills Stock Show with the Farmer, I had some extra time on my hands. I figured I should try out the Cookie Press my Momma got me for Christmas to make Spritz Cookies! It has a heart attachment so it's perfect for Valentines!! This would also give me a chance to use my sprinkles!


Looks like a Y, but it makes a heart!! This thing is AMAZING and super fun!

Here's what you need:
1-1/2 cups butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon no-color almond extract (I didn't have this!!)
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Makes: Makes 6 dozen cookies.
Instructions
Preheat oven to 400° F. Thoroughly cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract; beat well. Stir together flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough. Do not chill. Place dough into Wilton Spritz Cookie Press and press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown on bottom. Remove cookies from sheet and cool on Wilton Non-Stick Cooling Grid


Cream the Butter and Sugar..have I told yall how much I adore my Kitchenaid Mixer?!?! Well, I do!! :)



Add the Egg, Milk, and Vanilla




This is how it looks after you add the flour!


Then I added pink food coloring!!


Finally looks pretty pink!



Scrape the sides of the bowl and sort of roll the dough so it fits in the Cookie Press...




Now screw the heart shape attachment on...



and get to pressin'!!!



It was soooo easy, I think I may be addicted to this style of cookie making!


TONS of hearts cooling!



Soo cute :)


Then I went NUTS decorating!!



Aren't the little heart sprinkles adorable!?!?!


And how about these little smooches?!?! Too fun!



Brittany Update:
Halle Faye is here!! I have only seen one pic so far, but she is precious! Britt had a rough time with her C-Section but they are home now, so that is good!!! Can't wait to see them both in less that a month!!

signature

1 comment