Whats Up Wednesday


{Took a break from these over the summer, and can't wait to get back to them this month!!}

What we are eating this week? I have recently jumped on the Keto bandwagon, so that is mostly what we are eating! The boys eat normal for every other meal except supper...then usually I will add bread or mashed potatoes for them as a side, so they really haven't noticed the difference!

1. Keto Mississippi Roast (https://www.ruled.me/keto-mississippi-roast/) Yall, this is better than the original version of this roast! Soo flavorful!
2. Green Chili Chicken Bake (https://www.thepinningmama.com/green-chili-chicken-bake-recipe/) SOO yummy!! Keto or not, this is amazing!
3. Garlic Parmesan Wings (https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/keto-crispy-garlic-parmesan-wings/) these were soo good too!
4. Eggplant Lasagna (https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/246044536/meaty-eggplant-lasagna/) We had an abundance of eggplant from our garden, so this recipe was a win!!
5. Burger in a Bowl- kind of like a hamburger patty salad! love these!!
6. Keto Pumpkin Bread (https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/easy-pumpkin-quick-bread-low-carb-and-gluten-free/) this was very yummy, but a little mushy in the middle. I just got the loaf pan she recommends today, so I'm anxious to try it again!
7. Keto Pizza- Yall...yall...this is to-die-for!!! I mean like better than regular pizza!! I used the recipe from "The Craveable Keto Cookbook" for the crust then added no sugar added tomato sauce, cheese, tomatoes, bell peppers, and pepperoni. WOW!!
8. Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Waffles- this recipe is also from the cookbook. At the time I didn't have erythritol, so I used stevia and it had a bit of an after taste, so I am going to give these another go soon!!


What we’ve been up to? loving fall, school, MOPS, riding sheep, pedal tractor pulls, football games,  harvest, crafts, Sunday School, and Wednesday night church program..busy, busy, busy!!



What I’m loving?

Cheese- This Havarti and Gouda snack pack from Sams is my new fave!! Soo good!!
Little blue (or red!) trucks- I'm so obsessed with the little truck decor!! I am now up to four in my fall decor! Love using them for the boy's holiday shirts too! Soo darn cute!
Chi Ionic- My hair dresser friend grabbed me some of this in Red Auburn and I am in love! I use it once every two weeks, its just a conditioner that gives you an extra uummph to your natural color!! Really makes my red pop!
Almond Flour- With Keto, this is my life saver! You can make all sort of desserts and "bread" with it!
Erythritol- This "sugar" is also a must on Keto! I have tried several, and I like this one best so far!
Lily's Chocolate- I break off a little of these for a treat everyday with my afternoon tea!!
Method Cleaner- I was on the hunt for the Mrs. Meyers Apple Cider Cleaner, but didn't have any luck...I opted for this Method Honey-crisp Apple one instead. It smells amazing and so fall!
Downy Unstopables- I can't remember if I shared this before, but it is a total LOVE!! It makes my laundry smell amazing!!
Instagram Stories- I know I have shared this before, but I am having the best time sharing our daily stuff on Instagram! (iowa_southernbelle) follow me for the fun!



What I’m working on? Some shirts for fall and fun new earrings with my Cricut, a few 4-H things, MOPS member updates, and the Saddle Club books!


What I’m excited about? FALL!! Did you even have to ask!?!?! I just adore this time of year!




What I’m watching/reading? Finished up The Real Housewives of New York then started re-watching Peaky Blinders! I just love that show!
Reading the latest issue of Country Woman Magazine! Have you seen it?!?!
Check out page 25! Soo exciting! Love being a part of this wonderful publication!
Subscribe here: link



What I’m listening to? Not Christmas music yet...I'm trying to hold out until the weather at least cools off a bit! It has been so hot here! blah!! Mostly its just a lot of the boys singing songs from school or church and our old stand by in the car, Ned LeDoux!!




What I’m Wearing?


These are all the pics I got over the past few months!

1. Got this cute top out of a Stitch Fix box in the Spring!
2. I live in these Irma LuLaroe tops in the summer! So comfy!
3. Another Irma, complete with bomb pops for 4th of July!
4. This western-esque one was perfect for horse shows this summer!
5. Grabbed this cute T at the Loft Outlet! Love the longer sleeve length on these!
6. This one is from the Knox Rose brand at Target, perfect fall transitional top! Can we talk about how long my hair has gotten?? I have got the get a trim!
7. This is another one of those T's from the Loft Outlet. It has little embroidered polka dots on it..LOVE! The snap cardigan is from Zulily last fall.
8. I scored this cute floral cardi on an Amazon deal this summer! (link) It is butter soft!!



What I’m looking forward to next month? Merritt starting Clover Kids 4-H, a women's retreat with some of my mom friends, and more fall fun!!



What I'm Doing This Weekend? Merr has a birthday party to attend, but other than that, as little as possible! Love a relaxing weekend!

signature

No comments