New Nursery Decor!

The other day the Farmer's sister and I went antique shopping! I found some really great treasures for Merritt's nursery. These vintage kids cowboy books (below)! They are super cool and look so great in his room. My Daddy adores old Westerns and Gene Autry is one of his faves, so I thought it was fitting that his name sake have some Gene Autry books! Now since these are vintage, I didn't just want them on his book shelf...I wanted them displayed and out of his reach! :) I thought and thought about how to incorporate them in his decor, then it came to me in a dream..seriously...not even kidding! An old window pane!! Perfect for displaying front facing thin books and for a few other fun things! Luckily my Momma had given be a couple window panes from back home, so I had some on hand! I hung it up, added the books and some "M's." I modpodged one of his birth announcements on a flat canvas and put it up too, along with a canvas print of him in his cowboy hat! I just loved the way it turned out :)














Got this plate on zulily for a steal...but you can get one from Lima Bean Kids (they have really cute stuff!)













Canvas from Easy Canvas Prints. They do an amazing job and are very reasonably priced!


























I found this at the antique store too. It's an old western coloring book! I think I need something else on this side of the wall to balance it out, but this will have to do for now :)


Happy Trails!





signature

3 comments

  1. Somebody pinned a picture of your little guys room, but not a link to your blog...it took a little creative Google searching but I finally found your blog! Love the Western themed room and your little guy is adorable. I'm doing a cowboy theme room for our new addition and you gave me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this adorable recycled window frame idea and shared it on our Wolff's Flea Market fan page for decorating day. Our customers and vendors are always hunting for ways to decorate with flea market finds and I try to post 1 idea per week. https://www.facebook.com/wolffsfleamarkets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative. I love your upcycled window -- it could hold so many treasures.

    ReplyDelete